Commencement, Duration And Application
- The GoodConcept terms and conditions shall commence applying upon signature of the Confirmation of Order by the Client in each instance.
- The GoodConcept terms and conditions shall apply and endure until the services and/or products and/or orders quoted for and accepted by the Client are rendered and/or delivered to the satisfaction of the Client and in line with the terms and conditions and until full payment of GoodConcept’s invoice(s) have been made by the Client in each instance.
- GoodConcept shall provide the Client with a quotation for services and/or products required by the Client, of which shall be valid for the period as indicated on the quotation or, in the absence of such period being stipulated, for a period of 7 (seven) calendar days.
- Quotations are subject to the availability of products and/or services and are subject to any increases in price or costs, including currency fluctuations, which may occur before the order is accepted by the Client.
- Quotations are subject to stock availability at the time of confirmation of the order by the Client, whether by way of paying the deposit or by purchase order.
Product Selection And Orders
- The Client is to place orders with GoodConcept in writing by completing the Confirmation of Order. Orders shall only be regarded as accepted upon written confirmation thereof by GoodConcept. Payment of the deposit by the Client does not constitute acceptance of orders.
- GoodConcept will execute the Client’s order/s once the deposit is paid by the Client, written confirmation of the order has been provided to the Client by GoodConcept and the supplier has confirmed that the stock to be ordered is available.
- A deposit equal to 50% (fifty per centum) of the quoted amount, or if the quoted price fluctuated in the time between the quotation and the order, 50% (fifty per centum) of the adjusted amount, is to be paid by the Client. Quotations are subject to stock availability at the time of confirmation of the order.
- As stock changes occur on a daily basis, stock availability cannot be guaranteed by GoodConcept until the deposit has been paid, the confirmation of order has been signed and the stock availability has subsequently been confirmed by the supplier.
- GoodConcept is entitled to refuse any order placed by the Client.
- The Client acknowledges that it is the Client’s sole responsibility to determine and ensure that the products ordered are correct and suitable for its intended purpose. GoodCocnept will not be liable, in any manner or form, for incorrect product selection by the Client.
- Lead times for orders will be deemed to commence on the date and time that GoodConcept received all signed off approvals of the artwork and payment of the funds have cleared in GoodConcept’s bank account.
- Once an order has been confirmed, cancellations for that order will only be entertained if no branding has taken place and will be subject to a 25% (twenty-five per centum) handling and administration fee. A further R 350.00 (three hundred and fifty Rand) per artwork layout will be charged if artwork layouts were created.
- No cancellations of an order will be accepted on any branded items, custom made items or specially imported items and the Client shall be liable for full payment of the order.
- Orders may be cancelled by GoodConcept in any case of fortuitous events or any other circumstances whatsoever beyond its control.
- Fully paid orders that remain uncollected or undeliverable for 30 (thirty) calendar days will be donated to local charities.
Artwork For Branded Orders
- GoodConcept will provide the Client with an artwork approval via e-mail or another electronic format. The artwork will illustrate the appearance of the Client’s logo or other images, as provided to GoodConcept by the Client, on the chosen product. The Client needs to sign off the artwork and no further services will be rendered by GoodConcept until GoodConcept is in receipt of the duly completed signed off artwork approval.
- The Client is to specifically indicate, in writing, whether permanent branding is required.
- The delivery date may be affected if changes to the artwork are requested by the Client as the changes require a new layout which will need approval and sign off by the Client again. GoodConcept shall not be responsible or liable for delays in delivery caused by artwork changes. Any changes requested and made subsequent to approval of the artwork and subsequent to plates/screens being made shall incur additional costs for the Client.
- The Client is to approve the artwork within 7 (seven) calendar days from the final artwork layout being sent to the Client, failing which the stock will be returned to the warehouse and a cancellation fee equal to 25% (twenty-five per centum) of the total value of the order shall be charged. No artwork approvals will be accepted telephonically.
- The Client is to partake in the process of reviewing and checking the artwork for spelling mistakes and errors relating to e.g. item colours, sizing, image colour and image locations and is to do so before signing off and approving the artwork/order. GoodConcept shall not be responsible or liable for erroneous interpretations of the artwork/order, typographical errors overlooked and later approved by the Client and/or any damages suffered by the Client as a result of the erroneous artwork/order being printed as accepted and approved by the Client.
- The Client specifically acknowledges that layouts sent in colour via email are not necessarily a true reflection of the colour but a mere indication of what the product will look like due to the variations in computer monitor colouring. Printing colours will be matched as close as possible to Pantone colours or swatches supplied. GoodConcept cannot guarantee a 100% colour match due to the different materials used in promotional products.
Payment And Release Of Orders
- A deposit equal to 50% (fifty per centum) of the quoted amount, or if the quoted price fluctuated in the time between the quotation and the order, 50% (fifty per centum) of the adjusted amount, is to be paid by the Client. The remaining 50% (fifty per centum) of the invoice, along with any additional costs, are to be paid upon request, prior to delivery or collection. This outstanding amount is to be paid within 7 (seven) calendar days of such request being made. The interest of prime plus 2% (two per centum) will be incurred on all overdue amounts along with daily storage fees.
- Subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, no 68 of 2008, as amended, if applicable, all prices/rates are subject to alteration without notice, and orders will be processed at the price/rate applicable at the time of dispatch. All prices/rates quoted by GoodConcept are based on, but not limited to, foreign exchange, freight-/ insurance-/landing charges, dock-/customs-/import duties, rail- and statutory wage rates applicable at the time of negotiations for the purchase of the goods to which the invoice in question relates, and consequently, any variation in such prices/rates will be for the account and be borne by the Client, with notice.
- GoodConcept accepts payment by way of electronic funds transfer. Cash payments are however not acceptable.
- All payments made by the Client to GoodConcept shall be made free of deduction, set-off, bank charges and commissions and shall not be withheld for any reason whatsoever. Any extension of the due date for payment shall be valid only if reduced to writing. Discounts shall be forfeited on overdue amounts.
- Orders will only be released for collection or dispatched for delivery once payment in full, including interest, if applicable, reflects in GoodConcept’s bank account. A company purchase order may, at the sole discretion of GoodConcept, be accepted. GoodConcept shall not be liable for missed deadlines due to non-payment or late payment by the Client.
- Goods remain the property of GoodConcept until paid in full. The risk in and to the products shall pass from GoodConcept to the Client upon the date of delivery thereof by GoodConcept to the Client or their agent. Any delivery notes or waybill (be it a copy or an original) signed by the Client, a representative of the Client (e.g. secretary, security) or a third party engaged to transport the products shall be conclusive proof that delivery was made to the Client.
- Should GoodConcept be required to institute legal proceedings to enforce its rights in terms of the contract with the Client, the Client agrees to be liable for and pay GoodConcept’s collection commission, tracing fees as well as its legal fees on the scale of attorney and own client.
Collection And Delivery
- Unless alternative arrangements have been made with and accepted by, GoodConcept, the Client is to collect the order or accept the delivery within 14 (fourteen) calendar days from the Client being advised as such. Orders not collected or delivered within 14 (fourteen) calendar days will be charged storage fees or sold to offset GoodConcept’s costs.
- The delivery address needs to be easily accessible for the carrier and drop off shall be to the front entrance of the address provided, unless otherwise agreed.
- Delivery times quoted are estimated times only. GoodConcept accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damages caused by late delivery or non-delivery, howsoever caused or arising and the Client specifically indemnifies GoodConcept as such.
- The risk in the goods shall pass to the Client upon the goods being loaded for delivery to the Client’s chosen premises/specified destination.
- The Client is expected, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimising loss or damages and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised. The carrier shall be deemed to be an agent of the Client, irrespective of which party issued the instructions to or paid the carrier.
- If goods have to be re-delivered due to refusal to accept delivery or being undeliverable or unclaimed due to incorrect address details provided by the Client or for any other reason due to the Client’s action/omission, the Client will be invoiced for any additional delivery costs.
- The Client must report, by recorded delivery, to the carrier any reservations the Client may have concerning the state of the goods or their packaging, within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the delivery time. A copy of these reservations, including a picture (if possible), must be sent to GoodConcept within the same time frame. In the absence of notice accordingly, the Client shall be deemed to have received and have accepted the goods in good order and condition as dispatched, delivered and invoiced by GoodConcept.
- The Client is expected to inspect the goods on delivery and to verify specifications and quantity. Goods may not be returned, and deliveries may not be refused except by prior arrangement with GoodConcept. If any goods sold to the Client do not accord with specifications, the Client shall notify GoodConcept in writing immediately upon the defect becoming known to the Client and, provided the Client does so within 24 (twenty-four) hours from the time of delivery of the defective goods to the Client. GoodConcept may, at its discretion, replace any goods which were sold by GoodConcept directly to the Client and which goods are not in accordance with GoodConcept’s specifications.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk, ownership of the goods remains vested in GoodConcept until such time as the Client shall have effected full payment, including any related costs, in accordance with the invoice. “Payment” signifies the receipt of the amount due in terms of invoice/statement in the bank account of GoodConcept. Until such time as the Client shall have paid the invoice in full for such goods, the Client shall not, otherwise than in the ordinary course of business, sell, pledge or otherwise encumber the goods concerned and shall not remove such goods from the business premises of the Client without prior written consent from GoodConcept. If third parties attempt to assert or substantiate rights over the goods, the Client is obliged to inform GoodConcept any such action immediately, and GoodConcept shall be entitled to take whatever action it may deem fit to protect its rights, including cancellation of the sale and repossession of the goods. In the event of any such cancellation of a sale, the Client undertakes to look after and keep the goods safe until repossessed by GoodConcept, and, upon request from GoodConcept, the Client undertakes to hand over and return the goods to GoodConcept.
- Unless the Client’s order specifically states a date on or before which delivery is required and such date or any other delivery date is accepted by GoodConcept in writing, orders will be accepted for delivery as and when goods can be made available by GoodConcept and GoodConcept is entitled to execute orders piecemeal or in part deliveries. Notwithstanding the foregoing and any contrary provision which may be contained in the GoodConcept terms and conditions, the time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Client shall not be entitled to cancel any agreement of sale should GoodConcept fail to deliver the goods on the agreed date.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that goods are returned to a designated collection point in its original packaging, regardless of the reason for the returns.
- All requests for returns or credit must be initiated in writing by the Client. No items may be returned or exchanged unless prior written authorisation has been obtained from GoodConcept. Any goods returned at the Client’s request may be returned by a carriage which expense will be paid for by the Client. The return of any goods is subject to the provisions of clause 8(k) hereinabove. Returns of non-faulty items may incur handling- or administration fees of 25% (twenty-five per centum) of the total value of the order.
- GoodConcept may replace any goods which were sold by GoodConcept directly to the Client and which goods are not in accordance with specifications, or alternatively (provided that the goods have not been damaged in any way whatsoever subsequent to it being dispatched or delivered to the Client, as the case may be), at GoodConcept’s option, GoodConcept shall be entitled to take the goods back, refunding the Client with the purchase price paid or by way of credit in favour of the Client.
- Any returns or replacements for incorrect goods, not limited to incorrect branding, should be initiated in writing by the Client, in no more than five (5) days from receiving the order.
Any complaint received after the Five(5) day mark will be investigated, but we cannot guarantee a resolution.
- Branded goods and memory sticks may not, regardless of fault, be returned.
- GoodConcept is unable to provide a refund if the amount is less than R50.00 (fifty Rand). Any refund less than R50.00 (fifty Rand) will be credited to the client’s account and set off against the Client’s next order.
- Refunds shall be processed within 30 (thirty) days from acceptance of the return by GoodConcept.
GoodConcept takes all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
Branding Of Products NOT Supplied By GoodConcept
- GoodConcept will not be held liable for any damage to products supplied by clients to GoodConcept, whether as a result of GoodConcept branding the product or not.
- GoodConcept will not be held liable for any losses during transit. Breakages and missing stock will be reported as soon as they are identified.
- Lead times may need to be adjusted once products have been viewed.
- GoodConcept cannot be held liable for slight changes in the print result which may be due to any of the following;
- the texture of the item
- the colour of the item
- the nature of the artwork
- Not all branding is permanent. Should permanent branding be required then the client is required to state this in writing to GoodConcept.
- Please note that for rush orders; if enough time is not allowed for curing, then provision needs to be made for poorer print quality.
- It is highly recommended that sufficient time be allowed for a pre-production sample to be printed. This will serve as final approval of the branding before mass production begins. The cost of this, along with delivery will be for the clients’ account. Should clients decide not to proceed with a pre-production sample, then GoodConcept accepts zero risks.
- Should re-packaging of items be required, whether requested or not, then any costs associated with this shall be for the clients’ account.